The Medicare website states, “Medicare covers only home health insurance as directed by your doctor.” As discussed earlier, the parts A & B are the Medicare options that cover Medicare’s designated home health care services.
Medicare’s coverage of home health insurance in New Mexico requires that you meet the following criteria:
– You are currently receiving regular service from a doctor. This doctor must also maintain an individual care plan, which is reviewed regularly.
– Your doctor must demonstrate a “need” for specific medical services such as occupational therapy, requirements for intravenous medication therapy, physiotherapy, respiratory therapy or speech pathology.
– The home care company offering you services must be Medicare certified (see details below).
– Your doctor must certify your health status as your home country, as shown below:
* Your state of health restricts you from leaving your home.
* You can not travel without help from home (ie transportation assistance such as aids or individuals).
* Leaving your home requires considerable effort and can be detrimental to your health. https://www.medicaresupplementplans2020.com/
- My family doctor does not accept Medicare, why is that?
The process for Medicare approval is tedious and costly, so while it may seem that many companies may not accpet Medicare, they can actually be going through the procedure for becoming certified by Medicare.
In addition, the Medicare criteria for individual qualification for home care are very strict; The reality is that many people who apply for Medicare coverage for their approved Home Health Company services can not actually get coverage. Currently, Medicare pays only about half of all health care costs for seniors. Medicare often rejects the payment because the criteria are not met. Therefore, it is important to know if you meet these criteria before restricting yourself to Medicare-approved home care companies.
It’s important not to be overwhelmed by the complexity of Medicare because there is a wealth of information available on the Internet.
The same applies to the insurance offers that you see on the Internet – take a look at the names and number of the companies they represent. You’ll find that some websites tell you this and others do not. That’s because they’re designed to guide you to a plan that you want to sell, rather than offering you the full range of options available. These tools can help you gather some information, but keep in mind that you will only get a very little overview of the plans which might be available to you.
If you are a member of a group, it is worth investigating plans for group insurance. But be careful. Some organizations are legitimate, while others simply market fronts to refer your business to a specific company. Even legitimate organizations such as the AMAC (Association of Mature American Citizens), and the American Association of Retired People usually offer products from only one or a few insurance carriers. Probably they have good plans that have a competitive price, but they may not give you enough comparative information to make that decision. Continue in your search. You can always yell back if any of the plans offered by them meets your need.